Thursday, May 26, 2011

Armchair BEA Interview with Tara from The Bodacious Pen


Hey everyone, as some of you may know the Armchair BEA is happening now and Blogger Interviews are just one of the many fun things going on this week. I was paired up to interview Tara from The Bodacious Pen. Make sure you stop by to visit her blog!
1. You have a fun blog name, how did you come up with it?
Honestly? A blog name generator. I went through about four blog names before I tried a name generator. I've gotten numerous compliments on it, but my favorite was from Elizabeth Scott when I met her last year!
2. If you can visit anywhere in the world in any time period where and when would it be?
Victorian England, for sure. I'd like to go to both the early part of the Victorian era, and later as well. It's one of my favorite periods in history!
3. What other hobbies do you have besides reading and writing?
I have four cats, so I care for them. I also enjoy cooking and couponing. It's a recent hobby that I really enjoy, I love saving money on food & household items so we have more money for fun stuff! (read: books)!
4. The book police are at your door to take all your books away! They have offered to let you keep 3, which do you choose and why?
That's such a hard question! I'd have to keep If I Stay by Gayle Forman because it's meant a lot to me, both as a reader and a writer. I even named my cat Mia after the character in the book. I'd also have to keep my signed copy of Red Glove by Holly Black and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 
5. I saw on your blog that you are currently working on your fourth novel, can you tell us a bit about your work?
I've been writing since I was a kid, but it's only been in the last year and a half that I've written for the hopes of publication. My first novel was a post-apocolyptic tale that I hope to get back to one day, but as of right now it's on the back-burner. My second novel and third novels are good, but i see them more as training rather than books that will see the light of day. I'm most proud of my fourth novel, which is a contemporary YA that features a character more similar to myself than any other, maybe that's why I'm so connected to it. 

I recently started my fifth novel, which is a contemporary adult romance, and after that, I'll be working on my first foray into adult urban fantasy. I usually work on two projects at a time, editing one and writing another. It helps keep things fresh for me. 

Big thanks to Tara for the interview, hope you all are having a great week! If you would like more information on Armchair BEA check out the blog here.


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)