Friday, May 27, 2011

It’s Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday!

By get down I mean sit on my love seat and read books. I'm not one to go out and party-hearty. I'm a nerd who plays computer games and doesn't know what movies are out in theaters (other than The Hangover 2) I also don't know how to dance and I have awkward moments when opening the bathroom door and someone is outside about to reach for the handle. Yeah that's me in a nutshell. So to all those staying tonight to read I say Hooray for Books!

Now, being nerds doesn't mean we don't get to do "cool" things. I may not watch much television other than CNN or Cartoon Network but I love fashion and dressing up. Makeup has become a new interest for me and I have been youtube-ing it and watching lots of video tutorials on everything from liquid eyeliners to lipstains (gonna try the Revlon Just Bitten in case you were wondering). I've always been girly on the inside, I just never bothered showing it (I ignored it actually). But now I say it's time to let it shine, I'll be a girly nerd and that's exactly what I plan to show on this blog!

That's right folks! I'm screaming it from the rooftops, my blog will now be all about books and being a lady. 


This is where the name Lady and The Books comes in. 


I realize now I probably shouldn't have waited so long to do this post, but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do. I'll be having regular "Lady Posts" where I discuss anything everything ladylike... the Anaiz way. Because lets face it, everyone is their own person and I will never be proper and dainty, where is the fun in that? I like to run and sweat, rock out, and hang with the boys.

Let's hear it for the new generation of ladies!
But should Ben Barnes ever want to be my hero I'd let him. Just sayin' ;)


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your "lady" posts! i'm not much of a girly, girl on the outside, but like you, I want to start embracing that part of me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)