Saturday, March 5, 2011

Review: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Mercedes Thompson #1
304 Pages

From Goodreads: Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too. 


Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.
 


She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire. 

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself ... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.

This book wasn't what I normally would read and I took a chance buying it. It took a while to get into, but I was intrigued by Mercy's world and the characters in it. Most of all it was Mercy herself who kept me reading the book. She was tough but still had a huge heart. She gives a young homeless teen a job helping out in her mechanic shop on the spot no questions asked and even gives him food for lunch. Her toughness is evident when she deals with werewolves, especially the alphas ooooooh. She grew up among a werewolf pack that no doubt helped her learn how to act around them and not get intimidated. I loved reading scenes where she took the lead and put them in check. She is definitely a fun heroine to read, she also seems to know the oddest people. As the blurb says she is working with a vampire to fix up his bus, I hope he is in the next book more he seemed interesting. This book also has fey in it, some have gone "public" and are now suffering from some discrimination. The wolf pack Mercy grew up with is playing around with the idea to do the same. When Mercy's neighbor (the sexy werewolf) is attacked and his daughter is kidnapped things start getting very complicated. I look forward to reading the next book in the series, I want to learn much more about the main characters. 


I give this book 3.5 stars!


2 comments:

  1. I love Mercy and Pat's writing. Mercy is tough but also vulnerable -- I recommend reading the series. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! I can't wait to read the newest release River Marked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)