Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Promise by kristie Cook

From Goodreads: Alexis Ames decides to learn who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their secrets closely. After meeting Tristan Knight and discovering that he is not normal either, the secrets begin to unravel. Their union brings promise to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy. Because they are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.


As I am a hopeless romantic I can tell you (blushing of course) that I love the thought of soul mates. What can be more romantic than two people who just... go together? Like PB & J. Well Promise is the story of Alexis and Tristan, who are indeed a match made in Heaven and in Hell. They both have superhuman strength and the ability to heal. While Alexis herself doesn't know much about what she is or why she is the way she is, Tristan seems to know more about her than he lets on.  Alexis' mom is tight lipped about everything as she is not allowed to reveal anything to her until it's her time. I found myself getting as frustrated as Alexis, I wanted to know more about her abilities and ask questions. Alexis sometimes got a little whiny on me, but overall she showed courage in many situations including learning to trust Tristan. Oh what a guy, he has the looks, charm, and personality to have me completely smitten. Like I said though, these two are soul mates, which may or may not have caused me to be a little jealous of Alexis at some point. Reflecting on the book now, I admit Tristan reminds me somewhat of Edward, always trying to protect their gal not just from others from himself too. As the blurb states, there is a union, so expect a *honeymoon* not suitable for young readers. The pacing of the book was good, the beginning dragged a bit, but that ending! Wow, I wish I could share the ending with y'all but I simply won't ruin it for anyone, there was action there was love and there was a promise. I hope the next book sheds more light on what exactly Alexis is and answers some other important questions. I'm also hoping characters get a little more developed because I feel as if I don't really know some of them. Let's just say I want the next book, right now. In fact I have Amazon open on another tab...


I give this book 3.5 stars!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing! I think you'll LOVE the next book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)