Monday, January 24, 2011

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia
251 Pages


From Goodreads: Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.


My initial thoughts on this book were not positive at all. It had the makings of the typical story I've been reading a lot recently. Teagan is a "nobody", her high school's Queen Bee picks on her and she has only one friend BUT she has been told that she was pretty. Can I be blamed for thinking this was a typical story? She lives with her Mother and her Dad disappeared years earlier. Then Garreth walks into her life, he is the new guy at school and is gorgeous. He immediately hones in on Teagan, rejects the popular girls, and her life brightens. At this point I was ready to put this book down, but I decided to stick around and see if it picks up. It did. Garreth seems to know a lot about Teagan, things no random person would know (or be able to guess). Garreth is indeed an angel, but not just any angel, he is Teagan's guardian angel. He is in love with her, for Teagan has a good heart. You do get to learn the meaning behind the 8 pointed star, but I will leave that for you to read about. A dark angel has been coming around Teagan and Garreth is doing what he can to protect her, she has had nightmares about him before. This dark angel is somehow connected to Teagan's past and he starts targeting those close to her. She is forced to choose between 'good' and 'bad', she is drawn to both sides but I give her character credit for remaining strong throughout. She endures many things in this book and always strives to help loved ones. This book was a quick read at 251 pages, but after the beginning the pacing is great and it had me flipping through pages until the very end. I recommend this book for those needing a quick "angel-fix", I will definitely be picking up the next book to see what becomes of our main characters. 


I give this book 3 owls!



1 comment:

  1. I think I would really like this because of the angels and demon storyline. The paranormal twist would definitely hold my interest. Thx for the review Anaiz.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)