Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Season of Seduction by Jennifer Haymore

From Goodreads: Although the widowed Lady Rebecca has sworn off marriage, men are another matter. London's cold winter nights have her dreaming of warmer pursuits-like finding a lover to satisfy her hungry heart. Someone handsome, discreet, and most importantly as uninterested in marriage as she is. Someone like Jack Fulton.

A known adventurer and playboy, Jack seems like the perfect choice. There's just one problem: Jack isn't interested in an affair. He needs the beautiful, mysterious Lady Rebecca to be his wife. And he doesn't have much time to persuade her. A secret from Jack's past is about to surface, and by Christmas Day he'll be either married to Rebecca or dead.

My first thoughts are about the cover, I love it, it screams Christmas no? What better way to celebrate December 1st than with a holiday romance novel. The characters are pretty likable, even though Jack is pursuing marriage for the wrong reasons (and maybe the right reasons too) he is still charming in his own way and I was rooting for him. Lady Rebecca is pretty tough in her own right, I mean she wanted to acquire a lover to satisfy her needs. You can't help but like a character like that, especially in a historical romance. I didn't know this was the third book in a series, but it wasn't necessary to read the other two, it just would've given you the other characters' stories like Lady Rebecca's brother and his wife. I will be reading those sometime soon I'm sure. The pacing of the story was good, but there were times where I found myself getting impatient and actually worried about Jack's Christmas deadline, I wanted a happy ending, so sue me. Then out of nowhere something happens that creates another urgent situation. You will have to read this book if you're in the mood for some romance, Christmas, and... murder??? 

I give this book 4 owls!


1 comment:

  1. lol, I love it...This book looks sassy. :-)
    Good to find you!
    xxx Emily

    PS- Come check out my giveaway and inform others too!! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)