Monday, December 20, 2010

Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love

From Goodreads: If you can possibly thirst for more mysterious metaphysical accounts of love, Trisha Telep has organized some of the greatest and most thrilling tales of paranormal paramours since The Eternal Kiss. She presents the acclaimed literary talent of thirteen unique authors, creating a collection of stories that will undoubtedly capture the imagination of every soul who dares to read them. Werewolves, ghosts, zombies, vampires, and fallen angels drive the plot of these riveting romances. Kiss Me Deadly includes the exceptional writings of several authors, including: - Sarah Rees Brennan (faeries) - Becca Fitzpatrick (angels) - Caitlin Kittredge (witches) - Karen Mahoney (vampires: sequel to story from The Eternal Kiss) - Daniel Marks (ghost kids) - Justine Musk (sorcerers) - Diana Peterfreund (unicorns) - Michelle Rowen (demons) - Carrie Ryan (zombies) - Maggie Stiefvater (werewolves) - Rachel Vincent (banshees) - Daniel Waters (zombies) - Michelle Zink (gothic ghosts)


I won't review each story but I will say I enjoyed some of the stories more than others, Carrie Ryan's story in particular was great. I have not read The Forest of Hands and Teeth yet, but after reading the story Hare Moon in this book I want to pick it up as soon as I can. Lost by Justine Musk was another good one I really liked. The story that really stayed with me was The Spy Who Never Grew Up by Sarah Rees Brennan, the reason it "stayed" with me was because it kind of weirded me out. I didn't immediately recognize one of the main characters, but once I did the story turned odd as he is pretty well known. All in all it was enjoyable, but there were definitely some stories I didn't finish for lack of interest or connection with characters. For this reason I cannot give an honest rating so I will not give a rating at all.



1 comment:

  1. What a great find Anaiz! I love reading short stories, and I'm super interested in Kiss Me Deadly because I haven't read paranormal shorts before. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)