Sunday, December 19, 2010

In My Mailbox Sunday #3

From Amazon: If there is anything Tristan Adam Hargrove, fourth Marquis of Moreland, has learned to avoid, it's scandal.  For the dark and dashing lord is an honorable gentleman who would never seduce a woman for his own gain.

When a raven-haired beauty arrives as his new neighbor, he knows better than to succomb to the desire he feels.  He knows little about her -- only that she is high born, a protege of the Crown and completely unsuitable for the base passions he hides from the world.  If only he had never glimpsed the vulnerable beauty one fateful night.  If only her lips were not so ravishingly red.  If only it were not already too late to save her and himself from the untamed passion he is about to unleash in the name of love.


I have read the first two books in the Scandal series and absolutely loved them! I can't wait to read this one, it is Delilah Marvelle's favorite in the series and I trust her judgement ;)

From Goodreads: Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood. 

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother. 

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.

I know I am a bit ah *late* to join the Dark Divine bandwagon, but I think the wait has made me just more excited to read it. I must have said this a million times (like a lot of other people), but here it is again, the cover is eerily beautiful. Really.

From Goodreads: In this sequel to Rumors, novelist Elizabeth Holland returns to the inner circle of New York's Gilded Age upper crust. Gramercy Park society watchers quickly notice that differences appear to be simmering between Elizabeth and her sister Diana. Meanwhile, troubles are also festering between celebrated newlyweds Henry and Penelope Schoonmaker. Apparently, the stately brass doors of Manhattan's 400 conceal more tumult than the general public suspects. Silk gowns and scandals.

I concealed part of the blurb for those who have not read the first two books in the Luxe Series, if you want to read it highlight it. This is another book I have somehow waited forever to read. I need to get my head in the game! This week will definitely be about catching up on my TBR pile.

What will you be reading this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)