Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell

From Goodreads: Lily Ivory feels that she can finally fit in somewhere and conceal her "witchiness" in San Francisco. It's there that she opens her vintage clothing shop, outfitting customers both spiritually and stylistically.

Just when things seem normal, a client is murdered and children start disappearing from the Bay Area. Lily has a good idea that some bad phantoms are behind it. Can she keep her identity secret, or will her witchy ways be forced out of the closet as she attempts to stop the phantom?

This was an interesting read filled with vintage clothing, cauldron brewing, and the Llorona. I've heard stories about this ghost ever since I was a child, she was my "boogeyman". Like Happy Hour at Casa Dracula there are many references to the Hispanic culture (of which I am a part of) so I was very excited to read it, not to mention that it is set in my neck of the woods. I enjoyed the mystery and really didn't know what was going to happen in the end! If you love vintage, a good mystery, and witchcraft then this book is for you. There is a gentleman in the story, but I thought it was not enough to say there is a "romance" aspect to it. There is a sequel however...I hope to read it soon!

I give this book 3.5 owls!
Secondhand Spirits: A Witchcraft Mystery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)