Thursday, February 3, 2011

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
365 Pages


From Goodreads: Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him. What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul. But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


I'll start by saying that I LOVED the music mentioned in this book. The songs were a perfect fit for the characters and situations. Since I have a DJ in my head it was like listening to a soundtrack, it added a whole new level of enjoyment for me. Luc's character was my favorite, come on who doesn't love a bad boy who spices things up. Luc was born of pride and he carries himself like the stud he knows he is. He uses everything in his disposal to try to get Frannie's soul. Then Gabriel comes in the picture, the perfect gentleman who your parents would like for you to bring home to meet them. The interactions between them were funny, they obviously know each other from way back in the day and make no effort to hide their opinions of the other while still being polite in front of Frannie. Heck I don't think Gabe has it in him to be mean, he is an angel after all. Luc on the other hand is always smirking and enjoys making girls feel uncomfortable with his (literally) hot bod. Frannie came across to me as a confused character, she has a lot hanging on her and deals with it the only way she knows how. I felt that deep down she was truly a good person with good intentions. Her "wildness" isn't too bad, Luc brings that out in her at times, but she has a pretty strong will. I credit her for keeping her cool at times when I'm sure I would've just melted. The story moved along at a good pace, it never got boring with Luc around. The ending was surprising and had me wondering just what would happen in the next book. I hope we get to know Gabriel and Frannie's family better, especially her Father who was immune to Luc's charm or human facade. 


I give this book 4 owls!


8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I think I would fall way too easily for Luc's ploy ;o) I'm a sucker for bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book. I don't know what I would do if I had the perfect angel and dare devil after me. I would always wonder... what if I chose the other person???

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Awesome review! :) I LOVEEEE LUC! Team Luc Cain all the way! Although I do feel for Gabe! *__*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read good and bad reviews about this book but that love triangle seems too good to resist :P I really want to read it!
    Great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great review! So glad you're looking forward to Original Sin =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a fantastic book! For some reason, the way you describe the music within it makes me think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the hangout they are always in - The Bronze! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personal Demons seems so good - I have been seeing it everywhere!It's definitely on my TBR list now.

    And I know all about having a personal DJ inside your head while reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)