Monday, January 3, 2011

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

From Goodreads: Sixteen-year-old Lia Milthorpe and her twin sister Alice have just become orphans, and, as Lia discovers, they have also become enemies. The twins are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does. Only then will she understand the mysterious circumstances of her parents' deaths, the true meaning of the strange mark branded on her wrist, and the lengths to which her sister will go to defeat her.


Let me start by saying that I have been wanting to read this book for a long while, the different covers of this book are absolutely gorgeous. The girls look so mysterious and secretive, I just had to read it! It starts off with the funeral of their father, it's raining and somber and I was immediately pulled into the story. I appreciated that it started quickly but the book loses pace and seems to slow down to a snail pace. The story doesn't progress and at some point I was able to predict certain things before Lia herself figures things out. That being said I will say that I liked Lia (short for Amalia) and Alice's characters. Lia takes the prophecy seriously and takes full responsibility of her role in it. She is determined to protect those she loves and end the prophecy. Alice's character creeped me out, but I liked the "villain" nature of her actions and thoughts. Another character I loved even more than these two was Henry, he is Lia and Alice's younger brother who happens to be paralyzed. He seemed beyond his years and wise. Can't wait to get my hands on Guardian of the Gate, I really want to see more of their story.


I give this book 4 owls!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)