Saturday, January 15, 2011

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

From the back cover: To save her mother's life, Clary travels to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters-never mind that by doing so she is breaking the Law, which could mean death. Even worse, Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by Shadowhunters who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. Luckily, Clary finds an ally in the mysterious Sebastian, who holds a strange attraction for her. As Valentine musters a demon army, can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their ancient hatred and work together? And can Clary harness her newfound powers to help save them all-whatever the cost? 

Wow, wow, wow. This book was so great. Once again the blurb is a danger to those who haven't read the previous books in the series, so highlight to read it in it's entirety. There is so much action, drama, and secrets. I have to admit when Jace was being mean to Clary I myself was heartbroken. The pacing was great, there was always something happening and moving the plot along. Now that I think about it, there isn't any dragging in any of the books in this series. The characters were their usual greatness, continuing to grow and develop. Jace in particular goes through a lot in this book, I love that he strives to be a good person and the best Shadowhunter he can be. He learns more about his real origins and I just felt terrible for him, learning your childhood was a lie cannot be easy at all. Clary also learns more about her family and their past, everything is finally made clear and all those old secrets her mom was hiding are revealed. It's also her first time in the City of Glass so she was able to learn to have an appreciation of the Shadowhunter world in all its glory. Alec's character finally realizes *something* and I just couldn't be happier for him. There were some truly heartbreaking scenes in this book, but overall the ending was full of hope, love, and optimism. This truly is one of the best books I've ever read. City of Fallen Angels, I am now ready for your arrival :)

I give this book 5 owls!
Boxed Set:

  

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have this series on my TBR pile...I need to get to it!

    New follower-come by and say hi if you get a chance!

    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)