Thursday, January 13, 2011

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

From Goodreads: A murderer is loose in New York City ... and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary's father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what's his true motive? To make matters worse, the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with her eyes vigilantly targeted on Jace. Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy.


City of Ashes picks up where City of Bones left off. I tinkered with the blurb to cover spoilers, so please don't read it in it's entirety if you haven't started the series, really it will only ruin it for you. Once again I am reminded of why I LOVE Cassandra Clare. There was a lot more drama in this book, especially with that Inquisitor! Oh I just hated her character, really I did. As for the, ah, ongoing issues from the first book, I just want a happily ever after! I really do like Jace and Clary and I just want them to be happy... together. I hope Simon finds happiness too and peace, heck I want him and Maia to hook up, who's with me?! The pacing of this book was great, once again I could not put it down and frankly I refused to until I had finished it. This book had romance, awesome action scenes, and included special abilities. Want to know what those special abilites are and who has them? Read City of Ashes to find out and if you haven't read City of Bones yet what are you waiting for? I admit writing this review is a bit difficult when trying to avoid spoilers and what not, ha! Just goes to show you how great the ongoing story is in The Mortal Instruments.


I give this book 5 owls!
Boxed Set! (Better deal by a landslide)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)