Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Human Blend by Lori Pescatore

From Goodreads: Marion, Virginia seemed like a nice place to live a normal life, but she is not a normal girl. Laney has special abilities that keep her looking over her shoulder as she makes her escape from the men who had kidnapped her. 
A young doctor's interest is piqued when he witnesses her mysteriously curing a young child's illness. He befriends her due to his growing fascination with uncovering the true nature of her abilities, but not without harboring secrets of his own. 
Laney's budding relationship with a local boy puts both of them in danger when the men she was hiding from find her. All of their lives will change forever as ancient secrets become unearthed.


This must be my lucky week, this was yet another book I couldn't put down! Laney (or Julia as she goes by to protect her identity) is on the run. She just wants a normal life after she spent many years with evil men who used her abilities for their own benefit. As soon as she arrives in town she meets Austin, he is sweet and chivalrous towards her. They hit it off immediately, at first I thought it was just too fast to be realistic. Towards the end of the book however, I changed my mind, I think there were other ah *forces* at hand. Then we meet my favorite character, Eli Elsworth, he is a doctor at a local hospital where Laney volunteers. He is tall, blond, and good-looking according to one of the nurses Laney works with. I loved his character! He is protective and like the blurb says he has secrets of his own, well those secrets made me like his character even more. Just when things are going well, those evil men show up and cause all kinds of chaos. The ending was exciting and revealing, I am seriously hoping there will be another book, I would like to know how all the characters are doing. Okay so apparently I got a little attached to some of them, but I really can't be blamed for that. This is the first self published book I've read and I did notice some mistakes, but it did not take away from the enjoyment of the story. 


I give this book 4 owls!

2 comments:

  1. I notice some small mistakes with self-published books too, but with content like this, I think I'd barely notice it. Going shopping online this weekend. I will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good ! And I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)