Monday, November 15, 2010

Impulse by Candace Camp

From Goodreads: Torn from the arms of the woman he loved, cast into the night by her highborn family, Cam Monroe vowed revenge on those who had wronged him.
Fifteen years later, wealthy and powerful, Cam returns to England. Now the power is his, power to ruin the Stanhope family if they refuse his demands. And what he demands is simple: that Angela Stanhope be his wife.
Then the mysterious "accidents" begin. Are the Stanhopes trying once again to remove him from their lives? Or is it someone from Cam's past, someone desperate enough to kill to prevent him from uncovering a shocking lie? And how does Angela fit into this puzzle?

This book was published way back in the early 2000s and is now being re-released in mass market paperback in December. I must say I loved this book! I started this book on a Sunday evening and would have read it in one sitting but I decided to wait until the morning to finish it. I figured it would make the story last longer and hold more excitement (big mistake, I had a little trouble falling asleep). It is not mentioned in the blurb but Angela was married during a large majority of those 15 years and to a monster! I never quite recovered from the moment in which she spoke about it. Cam's character is so wonderful, he is patient and loving, what more could a girl want? Angela's character is more "wounded" but she shows courage and understanding. This is a great read y'all!

I give this book 4 owls!



1 comment:

  1. I really like this feminine cover. I love it when a book is so good that I will sacrifice my precious sleep to keep reading. I'll check this one out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)